Increasingly competent translator
and interpreter specialized in scientific-technical translation, audiovisual
translation and conference interpreting.
Traducción e Interpretación, Universidad de Granada, Spain.
My university studies have been
mainly focused on three fields: software and videogame localization and
audiovisual translation from English into Spanish; scientific and technical
translation both from English into Spanish and from Spanish into English; and
Conference Interpreting both from English into Spanish and Spanish into
I have also experience in law
translation and literature translation in both directions.
During the period between
September 2007 and June 2008, I had the opportunity to spend 9 months in Essex
University as an Erasmus student in order to improve my English.
October '11 – present
Nowadays I am working as a Spanish
language teacher in “Collège Montchapet”, “Collège Rameau” and “Collège
Malraux”; three different schools located in Dijon, France. This job offers me
the opportunity to improve my French as well as to share my knowledge of the
Spanish language and culture.
September '06– present
• I have combined my university studies with non-paid translation work
for the multilingual European current affairs magazine Cafebabel. I have
published 12 translations both from English into Spanish and from French into
Spanish and I am waiting for 3 more to be published shortly. All of them are
available on the internet under my name and surnames in Cafebabel.es
• During every summer I have been working as a sea kayak monitor in Nerja
(Málaga) for the company EDUCARE AVENTURA and I was responsible for kayaking
June '05 – September '05
• During this period I worked as a hotel receptionist and a secretary in
the hotel Plaza Cavana in Nerja (Málaga). Nerja is a very touristic town mainly
visited by English and German speaking tourists and with this job I had the
opportunity of practicing English and improving my skills with office tools.
I am a highly motivated
individual and am currently looking to advance my skills in all areas of AVT
relevant to today’s business needs.
• Fluent spoken English, fluent written English and fluent read English.
• Advanced spoken French, advanced written French and advanced read
• Intermediate spoken German, intermediate written German and
intermediate read German.
• Intermediate spoken Slovak, intermediate written Slovak and
intermediate read Slovak.
• Advanced knowledge of Trados 2007, Trados 2009 and Multiterm 2009.
• Advanced knowledge of ACCEsoft; Subtitle Workshop; Poedit and
• Advanced knowledge of Office tools.
• Experience with Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor; Fab Subtitle and
• Excellent organizational/planning skills.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Willingness to learn new methods, disciplines and ways of working.
• Capacity to adapt to new and challenging situations.
Interests & Activities
Climbing and Volleyball.
Click here to edit the CV in PDF